Sri Christa Sharan Social Development Society (SCS) is a registered voluntary organization. It is set up to work with the economic and social-political resource poor and be an accompanier in the process of their being Self- Thinking, Self-Deciding, Self-Reliant, and Self-Governing, through:
- Integrated, holistic rural development
- Development of rural women and children, specially of the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, and the Dalits (the marginalized and exploited).
- Empowering people for self-thinking, self- deciding, self- reliance,and self-governance through education and organization of people.
- Watershed development- Agri, Horti, Silvi, Animal- Husbandry- development.
- Biodiversity and environment.
- Joint Forestry Planning and Management.
- Health, with greater thrust on prevention of ill health, through hygiene, nutrition,balanced diet, herbal medicine & other native systems like Yoga, Naturopathy etc.
SCS had been rendering service chiefly in the District of Chikmagalur, in 55 villages of the Kadur Taluk. But now, it has extended its service, especially under the joint Forest Program to villages in 28 Forest Ranges in the two Districts of Chikmagalur and Shimoga.
The Rev. Guruji (Fr.) Joe Mary M. Lobo,
Founder of Sri Christa Sharan Social Development Society (SCS)
Christa Sharan Canadian Chapter ...
Saturday, Sep 26th, 2009 ...
Live Performance by the renowned "Goa Amigos" ...